CONSULAR/VISA SERVICES FOR PEOPLE IN IRELAND
The Embassy of Vietnam is the sole authority responsible for issuing Vietnamese visas in the UK and Ireland. Fraudulently issued visa will be refused entry.Please read the information below carefully before calling or emailing us.
- Telephone enquires: 9:30-12:30 and 15:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
- Email enquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
Note: This part is for non-Vietnamese people staying in Ireland. Irish citizens living in the UK should follow the instruction HERE.
1. TOURIST VISA
2. BUSINESS VISA
3. DIPLOMATIC AND OFFICIAL VISA
5. ADOPTION OF VIETNAMESE CHILDREN
7. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
8. CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATE (Vietnamese Police check)
9. CONTACT US
For people staying in the Republic of Ireland, you can apply for a loose leaf visa which does not require you to hand in your passport, we will send you your visa by post. (Loose leaf visa is a document with your personal details and travel date, it must be presented with your passport upon arrival).
TOURIST VISA: General requirement
• Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Viet Nam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2016, passport expiration date must be from 30th April, 2016 onwards).
• Photo must NOT be taken more than one year ago.
• Check all information on the visa once received (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified immediately and BEFORE your departure. The Embassy will NOT take any responsibility when visa problems arise upon arriving in Viet Nam and there will be no refund and compensation of applicable fees.
• The Embassy may request further supporting documents and will contact the applicant when necessary. The processing of applications with further supporting documents needed may take longer time.
TOURIST VISA: How to apply
• Required documents:
1. Application form (Click to download WORD VERSION or PDF VERSION)
2. Scanned copy of the photo page of valid passport
3. A completed photo & address form, click here to download. The photo must be in colour, size 4x6 or 3.5x5.5
4. Proof of fee payment by bank transfer (screenshot of transaction or receipt)
• All required documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:30 pm in order for approved visa to be posted on the next working day. Please mention in your email which type of service and posting you opt for.
• Applications made after 12:30pm on Friday and during the weekend will be processed on the next working day
• Successful email application will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours
• More than one visa may be returned in the same envelope
• Visas are returned by International Tracked and Signed or DHL (different postage charge)
• Visa fees vary according to the type of visa and length of stay. Please email: email@example.com (subject: "Loose leaf fee enquiry - Your name - Ireland" for quick reply)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you do not receive visa after 10 working days since receiving confirmation email
TOURIST VISA: Other important information:
• Online visa: As the Embassy cannot confirm the reliability of online visa services offered by many companies on the Internet, it is strongly recommended that travellers obtain suitable visas before entering Vietnam. The Embassy of Viet Nam in London is the sole competent authority to issue visa to Viet Nam in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Fraudulently issued visa will be refused entry and fee is not refundable.
There have been reported cases of fraudulence and personal data theft when applying for online visa and cases of entry refusal on arrival when these types of online visa are applied through bogus/un-recognised websites with no connections to the Embassy. The Embassy cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travellers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa.
In order to avoid any risks of personal data theft or losses through fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, travelers are strongly recommended not to provide personal information on untrusted websites.
• Visa will be valid from the DATE OF ENTRY (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You can enter Viet Nam on and after the DATE OF ENTRY and must leave before the visa expires.
• Visa procedure for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports do not need separate visas and are not charged with applicable fees. However, their names must be stated in their parents application form with one accompanying photograph for each child. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
• Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Email email@example.com for necessary instruction.
• Applicable fees are for processing your application and the entry clearance decision-making service, not for the guaranteed delivery of a visa, therefore you will not be entitled to a refund should your application for entry to Viet Nam be refused
• In most cases you do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights. Please double check carefully with your travel agencies and airlines for specific requirements at your transit airports. This information cannot be confirmed by the Embassy
• The visa process is not bound to your travel plan. Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa or you can be sure to obtain visa on time
• The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage of documents not required by us
• The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage of your passport and visa whilst being handled by post office or courier companies
• The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant and to refuse any visa application
Please note the on-line visa service websites are not authorised and unable to provide business visa.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports based in the UK and Ire
- land will be granted visas GRATIS unless otherwise endorsed.
- In addition to the procedure specified above, applicant must submit a Note Verbal or an official letter from the UK Foreign Office or the Ireland Department of Foreign Affairs, or diplomatic missions accredited to UK, Ireland, and international organisations.
- British or Irish diplomats to be posted in Viet Nam are requested to inform the Embassy of his/her Position, title at the mission in Viet Nam, and name of the person that he/she is to replace.
All documents need to be properly notarised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (for United Kingdom), the Department of Foreign Affairs (for Ireland) and the Legalisation Offices in the UK Crown Dependencies ( Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man). Documents from UK Overseas Territories ( Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Island, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Turks and Caicos Islands) must be legalised by the Legalisation Office in the Overseas Territory concerned before being legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Only then will the documents be legalised in turn by the Embassy of Viet Nam in London.
You need to submit:
- Original documents
- Photocopies of the above documents to be retained by the Embassy
- Legalisation fees: please contact us. Payment should be in cash, postal order or bank draft made payable to 'Embassy of Viet Nam'
ADOPTION OF VIETNAMESE CHILDREN
Documents of the Application Dossier:
1. An Application for Adoption of a Vietnamese Child.
2. A photocopy of the Marriage Certificate (for married couples).
3. Photocopies of the photo and signature pages of the Passport(s).
4. A valid permit issued by the competent authority of the country of permanent residence of the adoptive applicant, which allows such applicant to obtain an adopted child.
5. Health Certificates issued by the competent health authorities not more than six months before the date of receipt of the adoption dossier confirming that the applicant has sufficient health, and no mental and contagious diseases. A bilingual form is attached for the applicant’s convenience.
6. Proof of prospective foster parent(s)’ adequate means of financial support for the rearing of the adopted child:
7. No Criminal Record Certificates for husband and wife issued by County Police not more than six months before the date of receipt of the adoption dossier.
8. A Power of Attorney from one spouse to the other entrusting him/her to complete the application procedure in Viet Nam when one of the spouses cannot go to Viet nam.
All the above- mentioned documents must be authenticated by the Embassy of Viet Nam after they have been certified the Department of Foreign Affairs of Ireland.
The above-mentioned 8 documents must be prepared in two sets and submitted to the Department of International Adoption, Ministry of Justice of Viet Nam.
A non-Vietnamese citizen, seeking to get married to a Vietnamese national, may submit in person or by mail his/her file of required documents for marriage registration to the Embassy of Viet Nam in London for authentication before taking them to Viet Nam for subsequent procedures.
Documents to be authenticated by the Embassy:
- Application for Marriage Registration in Viet Nam
- Affidavit of Marital Status will be sworn in front of a notary public in the United Kingdom within the last six months certifying that no marriage license or marriage record of the applicant has been found for the period from the beginning of legal age for marriage to date.
- Medical Certificate issued by an authorized medical organization confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or has a mental problem but not to the extent of losing consciousness of his/her own actions.
- Certified copy of the photo and signature pages of the Passport.
NOTE: All documents must be certified by a Notary Public and the signatures of the Notary Public must be subsequently certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Department of Foreign Affairs before the documents are sent to the Embassy for authentication.
The foreigner that also has Vietnamese nationality must submit a Certificate of Single Status issued by the Embassy. Instructions can be found at http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=VN_Giayxacnhanhonnhan
For Divorced and Widowed Applicants: In addition to the above-listed documents,
- Divorcees are required to submit the Divorce Decree after it has been certified by a Notary Public, and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Widows are to submit a photocopy of Death Certificate of the previous spouse after it has been certified by a Notary Public or and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
1. A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
· born of two married Vietnamese citizens,
· one of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
· mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
· Application Form for Birth Certificate. For late applications, please download form here: APPLICATION FORM
· The parents’ passports or notarised copy of parents’ passports.
· The marriage certificate or notarised copy of marriage certicate.
· Original birth record issued by the hospital of birth certificate issued by Irish authorities (full version that have names of parents).2. For a child born of a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, apart from above mentioned documents, the parents needs to submit a Declaration stating their acceptance that their child may carry Vietnamese citizenship. (FORM). The parents can bring their passports to the Embassy to sign the Declaration in front of the consular officer. If they can not come to the Embassy, they can sign the Declaration in front of the Notary Public (who will certify their signatures) then post the Declaration together with the application to the Embassy.
Processing Time: Five working days, excluding the posting time.
CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATE
(Vietnamese Police check)
The Embassy is not authorised to issue the Criminal Record Certificate.
In case you need to authorise somebody to submit the application for the Criminal Record Certificate on your behalf, you need to: (i) fill in the Form No. 2 (download here); (ii) write an authorisation letter to authorise that person to submit the application on your behalf; (iii) submit two certified copies of your passport; (iv) submit the orginal or certified copy of the proof of residence in Viet Nam (visa or residential certificate). You need to bring to the filled Form and authorisation letter (the form of this letter is available at the Embassy), passport, proof of residence in Viet Nam to the Viet Nam Embassy in London to have your signatures and copies certified by the Embassy. After that, you can post these documents to the authorised person in Viet Nam to submit to the National Center of Criminal Record Check on your behalf.
Embassy of Viet Nam (Consular Section)
12-14 Victoria Road,
London W8 5RD
Tel: 0207 937 1912
Fax: 0207 565 3853 or 0207 937 6108
Direction to the Embassy: The Embassy is located on Victoria Road, off Kensington High Street and Kensington Gardens. Nearest Underground stations: High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road.
From Thursday 26 Jan
to Wednesday 1 Feb 2017
|Vietnamese New Year Holiday|
|Thursday 6 Apr 2017||Commemoration Day for Hùng Kings|
|Friday 14 Apr 2017||Good Friday|
|Monday 17 Apr 2017||Easter Monday|
From Saturday 29 Apr
to Tuesday 2 May 2017
Vietnamese Unification Day,
International Labour Day,
and Early May Bank Holiday
|Monday 29 May 2017||Spring bank holiday|
|Monday 28 Aug 2017||Summer bank holiday|
From Saturday 2 Sep
to Monday 4 Sep
|Viet Nam's National Day|
|Monday 25 Dec 2017||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday 26 Dec 2017||Boxing Day|